What We Believe
On behalf of the staff, school board, PTF officers, and congregation of North Heights Lutheran Church we welcome you to North Heights Christian Academy. NHCA was founded in 1988 as a Christian educational ministry of North Heights Lutheran Church. Since its beginnings, North Heights Christian Academy has continued to offer an excellent, Christ-centered, kindergarten through 8th grade educational program.
As members of this exciting and vital ministry, we hope you will explore the many ways to become involved in the education of your children. Our certified, Christian staff offers advice and expertise that goes beyond the classroom. We pray that your experience and investment at North Heights Christian Academy will be a blessing to you and your children now and for years to come.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
North Heights Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid program, athletic, and other school-administered programs.
North Heights Christian Academy exists to assist parents with the intellectual, physical, and spiritual teaching and training of their children.
Our Mission Statement
North Heights Christian Academy prepares students to stand firm and live victoriously in Christ by building a foundation of faith, truth, knowledge, and wisdom.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:15, 2 Peter 1:21
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:2, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (Ephesians 1:7, 1 Corinthians 15:3, Hebrews 2:), His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory. Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature. Men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace. Through faith alone we are saved. John 3:16-19, 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5, 8, &9, Ephesians 2:9-10
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. The saved are resurrected to life and the lost are resurrected to damnation. John 5:28-29
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12-1, Galatians 3:26-28
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. Romans 8:13, 1 Corinthians 3:16 & 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30 & 5:18
North Heights Christian Academy offers a Christ-centered approach to education. Our program features an atmosphere which fosters, a curriculum which reflects, and faculty who embrace the living Word of God as the only infallible and authoritative guide for belief and conduct. The ultimate value of every child has been forever given by God, through the offering of His only Son, Jesus Christ.
North Heights Christian Academy exists for the purpose of training children in the service of the Lord Jesus Christ. One is fully educated when one’s heart, mind, and life are surrendered to the Lord, as evidenced in Mark 8:36: "What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his own soul?"
As Christians we cannot separate God from any area of our lives. Our Christ-centered education attempts to build within each student a Christian mind. For Christians one’s philosophy, attitudes, values, and standards are distinctly different from the secular world. Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will."
There is objective truth outside the human mind, and what one does with that truth will not only determine one’s behavior, but will ultimately determine one’s eternal destiny. God cannot be discovered or known merely through the powers of intellect. It is through faith that one can know ultimate reality – the Lord Jesus Christ. In John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
All education seeks to help people find meaning in life. Colossians 2:3 states that in Christ "are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." We firmly believe that Christian education is more than one option. For those who desire to raise their children with biblical principles and admonitions, Christian education is a necessity.
We consider North Heights Christian Academy to be an extension of your home. The threefold cord mentioned in Ecclesiastes 4:12 can be thought of as the home, the church, and the school all providing consistent, sound biblical teaching and training in the life of your child. If the values taught at home and church are attacked at school, the best possible spiritual progress will be impeded. But if the home, the church, and the school work in harmony and reinforce each other, the child will have the greatest opportunity to mature spiritually as well as academically and socially.
- To teach love and respect toward the Bible as the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:15
- To provide opportunities for students to confess Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Romans 10:9-10
- To teach the truth of God’s Word so students will recognize false doctrine. Ephesians 4:14
- To teach biblical character qualities and provide opportunities for students to demonstrate them. 1 Samuel 16:7, Galatians 5:22
- To help students to develop self-discipline. Proverbs 15:32
- To teach students to respect and submit to authority, from God’s perspective. Romans 13:1-7
- To teach students to keep God’s Word in their heart through memorization. Psalm 119:11
- To help students develop their God-given talents. Psalm 139:13-16, Romans 12:6
- To teach students to serve others. Philippians 2:1-4, Galatians 5:13
- To teach students physical fitness and good health habits. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- To teach students to read, write, speak publicly, listen, and problem solve. Proverbs 1:8-9
- To teach students to develop good study habits. Ezra 7:10
- To teach students to reason logically from a biblical perspective. 1 Peter 3:15, Romans 12:2
- To teach good citizenship through an appreciation of our Christian and American heritage. 1 Corinthians 10:11
- To cooperate closely with parents in every phase of the student’s development as it relates to the school program. Romans 15:5
- To encourage parents in their responsibility for the spiritual, moral, social, and academic education of their children. Proverbs 22:6
- To strive for excellence in all areas of our lives: spiritual, academic, social, and physical. Philippians 3:12-15